The authors are not responsible for the content of any external sites linked to from digitalmultimedia.org
All material on this site is ©2009–2017 MacAvon Media and may not be reproduced without permission.
Services for College Lecturers and Instructors
MacAvon Media Lecturers' Accounts provide access to a wide range of free services and material including evaluation copies of our books in PDF format, sets of lecture slides and editable lecture slides “kits”, and supplementary teaching materials. Lecturers' Accounts are available to all bona fide college lecturers and instructors. Access to these services for lecturers is only available through login to a Lecturer's Account.
Free PDF Evaluation Copies
College lecturers and instructors who open a Lecturer's Account are automatically entitled to download free PDF copies of all our available material. Once your account has been validated and activated you will be able to download PDF material at any time for evaulation and for use in preparing your courses. This material is of course protected by copyright in the usual way and may not be distributed in any way without our explicit consent in writing.
Free PDF evaluation copies of Digital Multimedia, 3rd Edition are available through a lecturer's account.
A range of free lecture slides sets is available to download through a Lecturer's Account. These include pre-constructed sets of PowerPoint slides and high-quality PDF slides, and lecture slides “kits” containing image files and plain text files of all the key points in our chapters, enabling you to create your own slide sets based upon our material.
MacAvon Media Lecturers' Accounts
MacAvon Media Lecturers' Accounts are designed for individual college lecturers and instructors around the world who are teaching courses related to subjects covered in books by Nigel and Jenny Chapman. A lecturer's account provides you with access to all of our material, regardless of which book you are using on your course.
Any bona fide instructor or lecturer at a recognised educational institution (other than a purely for-profit institution – see below) is eligible to open a Lecturer's Account. We check all requests for Lecturers' Accounts personally. When you request a Lecturer's Account you will be asked to supply your name, details of your department and institution, details of your course(s), your academic email address and some means of verifying your position and identity, such as a current college Web page which includes your contact details, a staff ID card or a referee at your educational institution.
Lecturers' Accounts are free. There is no charge for any of the services provided, and we do not ask for any financial details.
If your identity, academic email address and position as a member of staff cannot be verified through reference to a current college Web page, we will contact you by email to request a photograph or scan of your college ID card or some other means of verification. All applications for Lecturers' Accounts are checked by us and validated before the request is approved.
MacAvon Media's services for lecturers are intended for lecturers and instructors at public and private educational institutions whose fundamental purpose and mission is to educate. MacAvon Media does not provide free teaching and learning materials to for-profit institutions or online courses which are operated purely as commercial enterprises, nor to individual instructors employed by these institutions and courses. If you are a course administrators or lecturer at a for-profit institution wishing to purchase MacAvon Media publications or course materials, please contact us. We will be happy to discuss your requirements.
A Lecturer's Account provides college lecturers and instructors using our textbooks with the following services:
- Free PDF downloads of all material related to your course for evaluation purposes and your own use
- Build your own course bundles of PDF chapters at discounted prices
- High quality lecture slides sets and editable lecture slide “kits” available for free download
- Direct contact with the authors through a special email address
- Custom bundles of course material built to your requirements if you do not require whole chapters – available by special request via email to the authors
Build Your Own PDF Course Bundles
Courses often wish to use only some chapters from a book, or to use a mixture of chapters from more than one book. Lecturers may also wish to change the material they are using from year to year. This facility allows lecturers to specify their own set of PDF chapters, which are then automatically bundled into a single package – a course bundle – at a discounted price. Each bundle may be bought from a unique URL which is provided to the lecturer through their Lecturer's Account and which may be pasted into a course's supporting Web site so that students can go directly to the correct bundle of chapters.
PDF chapters of our books are only legally available direct from us.
As authors of the material (and holders of the electronic rights) we are in a position to be much more flexible than the big publishers, to respond quickly to any lecturer's requests, and to offer non-DRM material at a very reasonable price. This is how it works:
- You sign in to your Lecturer's Account
- You add your course to your list of courses if you have not added it previously
- You select the chapters you are using in your course from a list of all of those available
- A new course bundle is automatically created which includes just those chapters, at a specially discounted price (you see the price as you create the bundle)
- A special Web page for buying your custom bundle from this site is created and you are provided with the URL so that you can embed the link in your course's own Web page
- Your students can click through directly to the correct bundle at any time and buy the whole thing with one click
- Your course bundle remains editable through your Lecturer's Account and you can alter it or delete it at any time
- You can create multiple bundles for the same course or for multiple courses
PDF Material for Educational Institutions and Online Courses
We are pleased to offer a special scheme for institutions who wish to purchase multiple copies of PDF material for onward sale to their students or for provision as part of a course package or an online course. For further information, please read the page For Colleges and Online Courses.